18 and older
Google Analytics is an incredibly robust, free tool for measuring web traffic data. In this workshop, you’ll get to know the basics of using Google Analytics to track and evaluate performance and draw insights to improve your business.
Starting with basic terminology and key metrics, you’ll build a foundation of knowledge before diving deeper into more complex analytics techniques, including advertising tracking and custom segments. You’ll walk away with a fundamental understanding of Google Analytics’ role in running and operating your business.Takeaways:
Prereqs & Preparation
- Learn the basic setup, navigation, and interface of Google Analytics
- Get acquainted with basic terminology and mathematical formulas to understand key metrics
- Be able to identify the metrics that matter for your specific business case and how to use them to make educated decisions
- Create custom segments, goals, URLs, dashboards and automated alerts
- Learn to identify exceptions and surface actionable insights
This workshop is designed for anyone interested in harnessing the power of Google Analytics to make better business decisions. No prior knowledge or experience is required.What to bring to class:
All students must bring their own laptop. Please also have Google Analytics accessible on your computer. Each student should visit this webpage and click the link that says "Access Demo Account." We'll be using that data for demonstration in class.
For students enrolling in 12 week part time and immersive classes, it is not recommended that you book more than one class simultaneously.