18 and older
We offer San Diego EPA Lead Renovator Refresher Training once a month on a Tuesday. As a result of the EPA Renovation, Repair, and Painting Rule. The EPA is requiring Lead Renovator Refresher Training. Therefore, EPA Lead Renovator Refresher Training is required for contractors working in homes and commercial buildings built prior to 1978. Consequently, there must be at least on employee who is a Certified EPA Lead Renovator. Consequently, we offer San Diego EPA Lead Renovator Refresher Certification once a month.San Diego EPA Lead Renovator Refresher Training Description:
Due to the requirements of the EPA Renovation, Repair, and Painting Rule. Our 4 hour course was developed using the curriculum that is provided jointly by:
San Diego EPA Lead Renovator Refresher Modules:
- UNITED STATES ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AGENCY (EPA)
- UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF HOUSING AND URBAN DEVELOPMENT (HUD)
Why do you need this training?
- Testing for Lead-based Paint – Skill Set 1: Using EPA Recognized Test Kits and Paint Chip Sample Collection Procedures
- Review of Setup Practices
- Review of Prohibited Practices, Personal Protective Equipment and Dust Control
- Cleaning Activities and Checking Your Work – Skill Set 2: Cleaning Verification Procedure
- Record keeping
- Training Non-Certified Renovators
Due to the toxic health effects of lead-based pain dust. Any contractor performing qualifying work must employ at least one Certified Renovator who has completed the lead renovator training. In addition, the firm MUST BE REGISTERED AS A LEAD SAFE CERTIFIED FIRM with the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).What is considered qualifying work?
Under the rule, beginning in April 2010, contractors performing renovation, repair and painting projects that disturb lead-based paint in:
Consequently, who should attend from your company?
- Child Care Facilities
Please bring a Picture ID.
- Operations Manager
- Most Important – Production Supervisors
- Production Workers (if working with the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development)