16 and older
- Use a recent PC or Mac computer that is less than 4 years old.
- Two display monitors are highly recommended
Your internet connection
- one for joining the virtual classroom and, if applicable, viewing digital books
- the other for doing your labs
Computer USB headsets (with headphone & microphone in one unit) that we recommend:
- Please use a wired, not wireless or wifi connection
- Please use a broadband internet connection and not dial-up (modem)
- Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000 or Logitech ClearChat H390.
Live Online Training brings our award-winning classroom experience to you! Developed through rigorous testing of the leading virtual learning environments and multimedia technologies, Live Online Training - a.k.a. "LOT" - delivers the training industry's most complete remote classroom experience.
Features And Benefits Of Live Online Training Courses:
» Hands-on, live instructor-led training from any internet-accessible location
» Real-time remote access to class software and virtual lab environment
» Eliminate travel expenses and save the time spent in transit - Go Green
» LOT is compatible with PCs, Macs, and mobile devices
What Is Included In Your Live Online Training Tuition?
» NetCom's Award-Winning Training & Certification Prep
» Official Courseware and Lab Manuals for your class (PDF's - where applicable)
» Test-Prep Software if applicable
The main purpose of the course is to give students the ability to add BI techniques to Excel data analysis. The course goes beyond the capabilities of tables and charts and uses Pivot Charts, the Excel Data Model, and Power BI.
This course is based on the objectives of the course version 20779B.
- Explore and extend a classic Excel dashboard
- Explore and extend an Excel data model
- Pre-format and import a .CSV file
- Import data from a SQL Server database
- Import data from a report
- Create measures using advanced DAX functions
- Create data visualizations in Excel
- Create a Power BI dashboard with Excel
- Data Analysis in Excel
- The Excel Data Model
- Importing Data from Files
- Importing Data from Databases
- Importing Data from Excel Reports
- Creating and Formatting Measures
- Visualizing Data in Excel
- Using Excel with Power BI
SATV Eligible Course
Who Should Attend
- This course is intended for students who are experienced with analyzing data with Excel and who wish to add BI techniques.
- The course will likely be attended by SQL Server report creators who are interested in alternative methods of presenting data.
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality
- Extensive knowledge of Excel spreadsheets including formulas, charts, filtering, sorting, and sub-totals
- Working knowledge of relational databases
- 10994: Data Analysis Fundamentals Using Excel
- 20779: Analyzing Data with Excel
What Exam Do I Need To Get Certified?
- 70-779 : Analyzing Data with Excel
This course is available for "remote" learning and will be available to anyone with access to an internet device with a microphone (this includes most models of computers, tablets). Classes will take place with a "Live" instructor at the date/times listed below.
Upon registration, the instructor will send along additional information about how to log-on and participate in the class.