8 - 13 years old
It's been a LONG year, and I bet you're ready for a FULL DAY of fun and fashion for your little one as well as a little freedom for yourself to enjoy a day in the city! We're here to help! We are keeping this class very small no more than 5 students and requiring masks and taking temperatures upon arrival. All machines and equipment will be sanitized in between all classes and hand sanitizers used frequently throughout the class.
Our Sewing 101: Boot Camp has been a huge success with adults, so we thought, why not offer the same thing for kids but geared more towards little fashionistas?
- This class lasts from 10am-4:30pm, with a one hour lunch break in the middle.
- In the morning, we start with the basics of threading and using the sewing machine, and make a denim tote bag embellished with patches!
- After lunch, we spend the afternoon making a final project: an actual garment that they can wear!
This class is geared toward complete beginners, so no experience needed. Your child will leave our studio with finished projects they can feel proud of and a huge sense of accomplishment!
During this course your kids will learn:
- all of the necessary sewing terminology & equipment to get started
- how make a garment
- how to choose the right fabric for a garment, either a dress or drawstring shorts
- how to identify fabric grain lines
- different types of stitches & seam finishes you can complete using a sewing machine!
PROJECTS: Denim tote bag with patches and a summer dress or drawstring shorts.
FABRIC AND SUPPLIES: All included! Fabric provided for tote bag, and the pattern for the skirt/pants. Students will need 3-4 yards of non-stretch fabric. wool, crepe, or cotton blends are ideal. Fabric will be provided as well or students can bring their own. NO OTHER SUPPLIES NEEDED FOR THIS CLASS!
COURSE DURATION: 5.5 hours of sewing with a 1 hour lunch break that includes a fashion show to watch and fashion sketching. Students will need to bring a lunch with them for the day. Water will be provided. Refrigeration for lunches available.