6 - 7 years old
Designed to stimulate the interest of school-age children in the piano. Students will meet Roofuss and learn keyboard basics through his songs. Students will be able to read in treble and bass clefs and learn to play with two hands by the end of the semester. Ear training, rhythmic notation and music theory are taught each week in exciting and innovative ways.Music goals for book 1
The Roofuss Reports program explore music fundamentals in an entertaining way.
- Introduction of finger exercises using do, re, mi, fa, and sol with both hand
- Introduction of reading notes do, re, mi, fa, and sol in treble and bass clefs
- Simple rhythm notation
- Introduction to basic music theory and terms
- Introduction to music articulation and dynamics
- Ear training and expressive singing based on do, re, mi, fa, and sol
Roofuss Reports introduces a boy named Roofuss. He is a heroic Piano Play character that is the center of this unique year and a half program. Students will learn how to expressively sing songs, play and read music at an appropriate pace for older students. Each week students will work on rhythmic notation, ear training and music theory. This upbeat class is exciting and guaranteed to keep your school-age child wanting more.
There are three method books, three activity books and three audio song CD’s in the Roofuss Reports series. We require a 4 to 5 octave touch sensitive keyboard or piano for home use for all students in this course. All classes meet for 60-minutes on a weekly basis with a parent or guardian and are limited to eight students per class. A group recital is held after the completion of each book.
Piano Playing Lessons:
- Each book takes 20 weeks / 5 months to complete.
- All classes have no more than 8 students per class.
- Classes meet for 60 minutes.
- A Group Recital is held after the completion of each book.
Our uniquely designed Layered Learning Environment (LLE)® process helps Roofuss Reports students to:
Prepare $50 fee for the materials, to be paid in class.
- Exercise abstract thinking
- Self monitor
- Cooperate in groups
- Expand imaginative play
This course is available for "remote" learning and will be available to anyone with access to an internet device with a microphone (this includes most models of computers, tablets). Classes will take place with a "Live" instructor at the date/times listed below.
Upon registration, the instructor will send along additional information about how to log-on and participate in the class.