Mon, Aug 16, 2:00pm - 5:00pm Central Time
Brand Storytelling: Creating a Powerful Story that Inspires
"Marketing is no longer about the stuff you make, but the stories you tell.” - Seth Godin
Traditional marketing is dead. Consumers today are highly skeptical of corporate-style disruption advertising. In the age of Instagram and direct-to-consumer commerce, you build a brand by building a following first. But how do you rise above the noise to attract these passionate fans? Start with a great story.
A brand story with the right emotional appeal can transform a casual customer into a lifelong evangelist. Today, every brand needs to know how to tap the power of storytelling to reach their ideal customers, employees, and investors.
In this workshop, you’ll learn how to connect with your audience and get them to believe in your story. In-class exercises will give you the frameworks and tools to hone in on the most compelling story for your specific business or organization.
You’ll walk away with a powerful brand story that you can start implementing right away on your website, your social media, your email marketing, and other channels.
General Assembly’s classes, workshops and events are recreational and for avocational purposes only. No certificate is awarded.
• Understand why storytelling is so critical to modern-day businesses and organizations
• Learn how to craft an authentic brand story that inspires long-term customer loyalty
• Learn actionable frameworks to help you break down and build your brand story, including the 5Ps of branding and the 3Cs of brand storytelling.
• Borrow tried-and-true techniques from narrative fiction and classic story structure to power your brand marketing
• Deconstruct real examples of transformative brand storytelling
• Create a concise and convincing elevator pitch for your brand story
• Break down excellent examples of ‘About Us’ pages so you can improve your own story
Please have your laptop, notebook and pen to jot down your notes. We’ll be looking at live examples from the Web and studying how some of the best brands are using storytelling today. This workshop is open to anyone who needs to do a better job of telling their brand story, including startups, established businesses, nonprofits, and community organizations.
Students will gain the most if they come with a good understanding of their ideal customers, competitive position, long-term vision for their brand, and current challenges with their marketing and messaging.
The wellbeing of our employees, students, clients, instructors, and guests is our number one priority here at General Assembly. We are monitoring the Coronavirus situation very carefully and will be adjusting delivery of our programs.
Due to the current health concerns in the greater San Francisco area, all GA short-form (one day) classes, workshops and bootcamps will temporarily be held online - including this one.
Registered students will be notified 24 hours in advance of this program with information on how to log in to the Zoom Meeting Room and Slack messaging apps. Registration for this class will close 24 hours prior to class start in order to allow all students ample opportunity to have the technology enabled.
This course is available for "remote" learning and will be available to anyone with access to an internet device with a microphone (this includes most models of computers, tablets). Classes will take place with a "Live" instructor at the date/times listed below.
Upon registration, the instructor will send along additional information about how to log-on and participate in the class.
Still have questions? Ask the community.
Online Class Livestream
Chicago, Illinois Online
Online Class Livestream
1) Download Zoom, our video conferencing appZoom Desktop is the video conferencing tool we will use. It works a lot like Google Hangouts or Skype. You will need to create an account in order to join the call.
2) Sign-in to Slack and create an account. Slack is a written chat tool that your instructor may use to post photos, links, resources, polls, and threads. It also gives you and your classmates an opportunity to ask questions and collaborate!
- Download the Slack desktop app for ease of use
- Join the GA Chicago Workshop’ workspace
General Assembly (GA) equips individuals with the in-demand skills needed to build a career in today’s high-growth tech sectors. Their award-winning technical training includes flexible delivery, industry-tested curriculum, and a career services program that produces a 99.2% job placement rate for...
This school has been carefully vetted by CourseHorse and is a verified Chicago educator.
Know someone who would like this class but not sure of their schedule? (We recommend this!)
Know their schedule better than your own? Book a date and time directly.
(This school does not support a scheduled gift delivery date so if you book the class, the recipient will be notified right away.)
Get special date and rate options for your group. Submit the form below and we'll get back to you within 2 business hours with pricing and availability.